As seen at the 2018 STEAM Maker Faire in Del Mar, CA! When turned on, the LED will fade and flash through multiple colors. The badge can be turned off to save battery.
This kit is also available for education and events. Addicore can also create custom badge kits for your organization or group. Click here for more information.
- 1 — Solder On! printed circuit board
- 1 — Fast color changing RGB LED
- 1 — Through hole resistor
- 1 — Switch
- 1 — 2032 Coin cell battery holder
- 1 — 2032 Coin cell battery
- 1 — Pin back with double sided tape
- Step 1 - Install and solder the LED. Make sure that the flat side of the LED (cathode) matches up with the flat side of the component outline on the board
- Step 2 - Install and Solder one resistor
- Step 3 - Install and Solder the switch. Move the switch to the down position to set it in the off mode
- Step 4 - Install and Solder the battery holder on the back side of the board making sure to match the shape of the component with the white outline on the board
- Step 5 - Install the battery by sliding it all of the way into the battery holder
- Step 6 - Install the pin back by removing the protective paper covering the double sided tape and stick it on the back of the board board centered in the silver pad
- Step 7 - Turn on the switch. Your Solder On! Badge is complete!